What services can Mattinson Design Studio provide?
Mattinson Design Studio is a Sustainable Building Design business that provide the following services subject to the project needs:
- Formulation of client brief-establish their needs & the objectives of the project
- Guide client with sustainability goals
- Site Analysis- a study of the environment that the proposed development will sit. It identifies the sites’ assets & liabilities & assists to determine which design approach & building methodology would be most appropriate
- Check through the applicable local Govt or state Govt.planning rules & BCA compliance (Building Code Australia)
- Establish if the project will need approval through the local Council as a Development Application or as a CDC, under the State government Complying Development approval process. Complying development is a combined planning and construction approval for development that meets pre-determined development standards.
- Concept design drawings
- Organise a preliminary budget estimate
- Design development
- Collaborate with consultants eg.thermal assessors, heritage consultants, structural engineer etc
- DA – Development Application drawings / documentation & application or
- CDC – Complying Development drawings / documentation & application
- Construction certificate drawings/ construction documentation & co-ordination consultants documentation
- Drawings & specification for project tendering
- Interior detailing drawings such as electrical layouts, joinery detailing, bathroom & kitchen detailing etc
- Prepare schedules as required for fittings & finishes for builder
- Assist client with evaluation of potential builders and or specialists for the construction of their project
- Construction liaison, we can be the first contact with the builder during construction, discuss issues & questions as they arise & help find solutions.This assists in bringing the design detail to fruition & reduces the stress of the building process for the client.
- Site visits during construction