Our goal is to collaborate with others to reverse the environmental damage that humans have inflicted on our planet & provide a truly regenerative future for all.
If we think strategically, we can achieve Sustainable.
Sustainable buildings that are:
- Built to ‘Passive House’ methodology &/or certification. Take a look at this link
The benefits of living or working in a ‘Passive House’ Building
- Economically sound- source & recognise systems that save money as well as the environment that have a payback period shorter than their life expectancy. Challenge the status-quo on home size, the larger it is the more it costs to build, operate & maintain. Establish the true cost of a building project, upfront cost+ running costs + maintenance cost over its life period. When we do this analysis it becomes evident that sustainable buildings make better economic sense.
- Carbon neutral- energy efficient, zero energy, energy positive.
- Waste-free, be part of the circular economy-reduce/reuse/recycle/return to earth as contrast to the current liner economy of take/make/dispose in the buildings full life cycle.
- Healthy – air quality, natural lighting, reduce exposure to radio-frequency radiation, noise minimisation, social & community interaction, provision to grow food, more tolerant to extreme weather conditions
- Socially responsible- utilise materials & labour that has been equitably & ethically sourced
- Have Longevity- consider the visual appeal, a sophisticated building will far outlast an ugly counterpart, consider the expected maintenance & lifespan, adaptability for changes in future use
- Avoid the depletion of natural resources- water, minerals & metals
- Toxic free- Avoid chemicals that are known to be harmful to humans, animals & the environment during the full life of the building, take measures to eliminate risk of mould growth.
- Are universally accessible
- Interact with nature & the natural elements- biophilic design, sunlight, natural ventilation, access to nature & gardens
Sustainable Buildings give more than they take!